Happy Thyroid Tips.Balance Your Underactive Thyroid Naturally
Basic Thyroid Information
The thyroid secretes hormones with funny names like T4 and T3.
triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4)
Thyroid hormones have 2 basic components.
- Amino Acid Tyrosine
T4 is Tyrosine with 4 iodine molecules. It is the inactive hormone.
T3 is the active form and can be used immediately by the cells.
Without some basic nutrients, the thyroid doesn’t work well.
The two we listed so far:
We will discuss many more.
Hypothyroidism means too little thyroid hormone.
Also called underactive thyroid.
Symptoms according to NIDDK
Some common symptoms of hypothyroidism are:
- weight gain
- a puffy face
- cold intolerance
- joint and muscle pain
- dry skin
- dry, thinning hair
- decreased sweating
- heavy or irregular menstrual periods and impaired fertility
- slowed heart rate
T4 is the inactive form.
T4 is the inactive form.
T4 has to be converted into the active form T3.
This conversation happens in the liver (80% of the time, and kidneys, 20%)
How healthy is your liver?
Learn more: Watch my video: Happy Thyroid Tips here on Brighteon.
Get Your Thyroid Tested!
- Have your thyroid function properly evaluated with a COMPLETE Thyroid Panel (Free T3, Free, T4, TSH, thyroid antibodies, Reverse T3).
- You may need medication and if you do, I recommend desiccated thyroid medication along with following the recommendations below.
- If you doctor will not order all of these tests (they often only order TSH which is inadequate), then you can order your own lab testing from DirectLabs.
Nutrients that support the thyroid gland
- Selenium (Helps convert T4 to T3, supplement or eat 3 Brazil nuts each day!)
- Magnesium (about 400-600mg of Magnesium Glycinate at bedtime)
- L-Tyrosine (needed to make T4, eat seafood, kelp, seaweed)
- B12 (40% of those with hypothyroidism are deficient in B12)
- Vitamin D3 with K2
- Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin C
If you don’t want to have to deal with 9 supplements, see below for a plan that will simplify but get you what you need.
Essential oils that support thyroid function
- Endoflex Blend (see below)
- Frankincense (try 1 drop morning and night topically)
- Lemongrass (try 1 drop over thyroid twice daily)
- Peppermint (Beneficial for fighting fatigue and brain fog. Simply inhale or add a drop to water daily)
Thyromin is a specially balanced formula that promotes healthy thyroid function.
Thyromin™ is a special blend of porcine glandular extracts, herbs, amino acids, minerals, and therapeutic-grade essential oils in a perfectly balanced formula that maximizes nutritional support for healthy thyroid function.*
The thyroid gland regulates body metabolism, energy, and body temperature.
Take one to two capsules daily.
Ingredients in Thyromin, see below (contains myrtle, peppermint and L-tyrosine along with glandular extracts and other ingredients).
See the nutrition/ingredients panel below.
Thyromin Supplement Ingredients
For overall vitality, I recommend the essential oil blend, EndoFlex. This blend of essential oils is a fabulous support for the endocrine system. You will love using it for your thyroid and adrenal glands.
- Liquid Vitamin D3 plus K2, take 4 drops a day (15% off when you register for a free account).
- Thyromin, take 1-2 capsules daily (Iodine, L-Tyrosine, Thyroid and Adrenal Powder, Parsley, Essential Oils and more).
- EndoFlex Blend, rub a few drops over thyroid and adrenal glands every morning.
- Master Formula – a full spectrum, multi-nutrient complex (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, food-based nutrients, probiotics, turmeric, essential oils). Pre-packaged packets – take your vitamins on the go.
- Active B12 by Perque, sublingual, 1 per day (15% off when you register for a free account here) and Active B Complex, also on Wellevate linked below.
Master Formula – Prepackaged
To support your thyroid eat an anti-inflammatory diet.
Erin’s Happy Thyroid Tips class
Simple SyrupJanuary 1st, 2021
DIY Shower Bombs with Essential OilsMay 20th, 2020
Thieves ProductsMay 1st, 2020
Young Living Essential Oils – VitalityApril 8th, 2020