Salmon and Kohlrabi Noodles
This is a delicious grain-free, dairy-free recipe.
Kohlrabi noodles are a low-carb, #glutenfree #grainfree option for all your pasta-like needs! Kohlrabi has a crunch like cabbage when used cold in salads and when sautéed it becomes tender and ready for your favorite sauce.
I purchased Kohlrabi noodles pre-packaged from Trader Joes but you can make your own with a spiralizer.
3 salmon filets, pat dry and sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet, on the stove on medium high heat.
- Add 2 Tbs butter.
- Sear salmon, skin side down for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat
Kohlrabi Noodle Prep
Combine in a bowl and set aside until about 5 – 10 minutes before serving time.
- 10 oz. package of Kohlrabi Noodles
- 1 red or orange bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 2/3 cup Organic Tamari Sauce or Organic Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, canned full fat
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep the Sauce for Salmon and Kohlrabi Noodles
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs organic raw honey
- 3 Tbs Organic Tamari Sauce or Organic Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbs 100% Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs organic sesame oil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet
- Add Kohlrabi mixture to skillet and begin cooking. It will take 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spoon half the sauce over the partially cooked salmon.
- Put the salmon under the broiler for 4 minutes, check for doneness, and keep an eye on the salmon so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the remaining half of the sauce to the Kohlrabi noodles and heat through.
- Taste the kohlrabi and adjust with salt, pepper, Tamari Sauce.
I reheated leftover Kohlrabi noodles and sauce in a pan with asparagus and leftover steak. The noodles were so flavorful, maybe even better the second day!
Easy Treat or Dessert (Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)October 23rd, 2022
Salmon and Kohlrabi NoodlesOctober 17th, 2022
Happy Healthy FudgeOctober 6th, 2022
Chocolate Chia Pudding – Big BatchSeptember 23rd, 2022
Sugar-free Chocolate Candy with Raw CacaoAugust 29th, 2022