Natural Remedies for Constipation
Are you a Type 1 or 2 on the Bristol Stool Chart?
Set the foundation:
- Most important thing is to drink a lot of water – 8 glasses a day – to keep things moving.
- Measure your water intake for a few days and see if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water (for example, if you weight 150 pounds, try to drink 75 ounces of water each day).
- Start the day with fresh lemon squeezed in water or add 1 – 3 tsp of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar to a glass of water 30 minutes before you eat.
- Try the Water Challenge
- Take Magnesium glycinate (not magnesium oxide) at bedtime.
- Try three or four capsules (300 – 400mg) at bedtime to start. Increase by one capsule each night until your reach the desired effect!
Buffered Vitamin C
- I prefer Perque Potent C, buffered vitamin C powder
- Having Vitamin C (about 1,000 – 2,000 mg) with magnesium glycinate in the morning is very helpful.
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seed in a cup of hot water
- Wait about 15 minutes until the waters cools.
- Drink the water with the seeds, do this once a day.
- Pro-5, 25 billion+ CFU
- Multiple strains of bacteria
- Synergy Kombucha or similar
- 2 per meal
Essential fatty acids
- 2-3 tsp of quality Fish oil or Carlson Cod Liver Oil
- Aloe Vera Juice is healing to digestive tract.
L – Glutamine
- L-glutamine is nourishing to the cells of the gut.
- Purchase glutamine powder or
- Glutagenics Powder with more healing ingredients
- Make your own by steeping peeled ginger chunk in hot water for 5 minutes
- Smooth Moves Tea will never let you down
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil added to warm tea.
- Green smoothies with green leafy vegetables and avocado. Add a pear and berries with enough water to blend.
- Apples, carrots, beets, citrus have pectin and is said to be helpful.
- Prunes – eat a few prunes or drink some prune juice
- Grapes, figs, apricots, turnips, endive, watercress, coconut, avocados, cabbage
- Eat vegetables and fruits raw when possible and to eat the peelings as well
Essential Oils for Digestive Support
Never pay retail for therapeutic grade essential oils from Young Living.
The basic starter kit comes with DiGize, Peppermint and 9 other beneficial oils plus a diffuser.
Three More Helpful Tips
- Foods made with flour and sugar are constipating so eliminate them from the diet.
- If you haven’t had your thyroid checked recently, this might be the time to do that.
How to Stay Healthy this Fall and WinterAugust 10th, 2017
Purple Lips & Wine’s Dirty SecretsAugust 10th, 2017
Sleep Problems & Low Energy? Top Solutions.August 9th, 2017
Lose Inches with CitraSlim CapsulesAugust 9th, 2017
What Do They Eat in the Fattest City?August 7th, 2017