Natural Remedies for Constipation
Are you a Type 1 or 2 on the Bristol Stool Chart?
Set the foundation:
- Most important thing is to drink a lot of water – 8 glasses a day – to keep things moving.
- Measure your water intake for a few days and see if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water (for example, if you weight 150 pounds, try to drink 75 ounces of water each day).
- Start the day with fresh lemon squeezed in water or add 1 – 3 tsp of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar to a glass of water 30 minutes before you eat.
- Try the Water Challenge
- Take Magnesium glycinate (not magnesium oxide) at bedtime.
- Try three or four capsules (300 – 400mg) at bedtime to start. Increase by one capsule each night until your reach the desired effect!
Buffered Vitamin C
- I prefer Perque Potent C, buffered vitamin C powder
- Having Vitamin C (about 1,000 – 2,000 mg) with magnesium glycinate in the morning is very helpful.
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seed in a cup of hot water
- Wait about 15 minutes until the waters cools.
- Drink the water with the seeds, do this once a day.
- Life9 Probiotic
- Synergy Kombucha or similar
Essential fatty acids
- 2-3 tsp of quality Fish oil or Carlson Cod Liver Oil
- Aloe Vera Juice is healing to digestive tract.
L – Glutamine
- L-glutamine is nourishing to the cells of the gut.
- Purchase glutamine powder or
- Glutagenics Powder with more healing ingredients
- Make your own by steeping peeled ginger chunk in hot water for 5 minutes
- Smooth Moves Tea will never let you down
1 Tbs Coconut Oil added to warm tea.
- Green smoothies with green leafy vegetables and avocado. Add a pear and berries with enough water to blend.
- Apples, carrots, beets, citrus have pectin and is said to be helpful.
- Prunes – eat a few prunes or drink some prune juice
- Grapes, figs, apricots, turnips, endive, watercress, coconut, avocados, cabbage
- Eat vegetables and fruits raw when possible and to eat the peelings as well
Essential Oils for Digestive Support
- DiGize, Peppermint
- Ginger, Fennel, Tarragon
Never pay retail for therapeutic grade essential oils from Young Living. When you pick up the beginner kit, you will automatically get a wholesale membership – 24% off!
The basic starter kit comes with DiGize, Peppermint and 9 other beneficial oils plus a diffuser.
Three More Helpful Tips
- Foods made with flour and sugar are constipating so eliminate them from the diet.
- If you haven’t had your thyroid checked recently, this might be the time to do that.
Stop Using Cosmetics with Toxins and Hormone DisruptorsFebruary 7th, 2018
Barbecue Chicken Wings – Sauce Recipe – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018
Golumbki – Stuffed Cabbage – Recipe PaleoFebruary 6th, 2018
How to Find Clean, Pure, Unadulterated MakeupFebruary 2nd, 2018
Tamiflu Side Effects – Should You Get Tamiflu if you get the flu?February 2nd, 2018