How to Freeze Dry Beef Sirloin
Easy Way to Freeze Dry Grass-Fed Beef Sirloin.
I found this Sous Vide Grass-fed beef sirloin from Cuisine Solutions.
What Is Sous Vide?
From Cuisine Solutions: Sous vide—French for “under-vacuum”—is an innovative cooking technique in which food is vacuum sealed and slow-cooked in water at constant low temperatures until it’s perfectly cooked through. No other cooking method produces such consistently excellent textures and flavors, or maintains the natural integrity of foods so well.
This beef sirloin is prepared and read to eat. We had it for dinner a few times, just separate into individual slices and heat on the stovetop. Warms through in a minute! I found this beef at Costco but you can also find Cuisine Solutions at:
- Kings Supermarket
- Giant Food
How to Freeze Dry Beef Sirloin Slices
What could be easier that using prepared grass-fed beef? All I had to do was separate the slices and lay them out on the freeze drying trays.
- Separate slices and lay out on freeze drying trays.
- Cover and pre-freeze overnight.
- Start the freeze dryer (select “not frozen”) and bring the temperature down for about an hour.
- Turn off the freeze dryer in order to insert the trays of frozen beef.
- Start the freeze dryer again, choosing the “not frozen” option.
- About 12 to 14 hours later, the process is complete and the beef is packaged in mylar bags with oxygen absorbers.
Curious about Home Freeze Drying?
Learn more here.
More Freeze Dried Recipes
- How to Make Freeze Dried Fruit
- How to Make Freeze Dried Chicken and Onions
- How to Make Freeze Dried Apples
- How to Make Freeze Dried Chili
- How to Make Freeze Dried Eggs. How to Use Freeze Dried Eggs.
- How to make Freeze Dried Beet Powder
- How to make Freeze Dried Tuscan Chicken
- Paleo Freeze Dried Recipes
- Freeze Dried Paleo
- Freeze Dried Mama
- Freeze Dried Paleo Recipes
Affiliate links may be used.
How to Make Vegetable BouillonDecember 21st, 2021